Re: [udig-devel] About UDIG-1709 bug

Thanks a lot for the guidance. Actually I am not in rush and I will wait for a volunteer to focus on this bug. I wish I was able to fix this myself to have a contribution on the project.

From: Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, August 9, 2010 3:16:55 AM
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] About UDIG-1709 bug

On 09/08/2010, at 3:38 AM, Farzad Mahdikhani wrote:

About two weeks ago I created the issue "problem with right-to-left languages" but it hasn't gained any attention. Is it because I have not assigned it to anyone?

It is more that we are out of volunteers - any volunteer effort has gone into making the 1.2.0 release. Indeed most open source spatial projects you will find the developers are busy getting ready for the foss4g conference at the end of the month. There are a couple of commercial support options; you may wish to talk to Jesse privately about a quote to fix the above issue.

As far as I noticed some of the issues got assignees, e.g. this one, but I don't know how to select an assignee for an issue.
How can I choose an assignee for the mentioned issue, "problem with right-to-left languages" ?

An issue is assigned by a developer when they volunteer to look at the issue. We used to automatically assign issues - but we found that did not present an honest impression of work happening or not.

Jody

Back to the top