Re: [udig-devel] default selection for style editor

> Could we actually be polite and remember what the user was last doing? I think that would be kinder then resetting each time.

You mean right now? right now there is only simple and themed, which
is why it was I guess it was hardcoded.

For how I see it (and am doing it), every geometry type has to have
its own tab and also the labeling.
There is far too much stuff to keep things together in style, both
from a user perspective as from a coding perspective. The current
style code is a good demonstration of how trying to keep everything in
a single pandora box makes it unreadable for future coders.

So I would do one editor per type and labels: polygon, line, point,
raster, labels
plus the themed one that understands them all.

At that point we can remember if the user last used the themed or
non-themed. But for sure we have to open the editor for the right
geometry type. And for sure it will have to understand everything that
is inside the style.

I have still work to do and the new editor will first appear in
BeeGIS. I will then make a formal proposal to bring it into uDig core
and substitute the old one.

Andrea