Re: [udig-devel] 1.2-SNAPSHOT linux64 testing

Got the following reply from Silvia (I am going to assume she is
working with shape and image files - if anyone can reproduce it would
be good).

Hey Jody!
I read about the issue of the icons, and can reproduce when I have the problem.
The icons disappear when I enlarge the Table windows (since I have to
see some data) and then come back to the default window. So the Map
size is not zero for sure but it seems there is still the bug you
"solved" last weeks.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Silvia and welcome back.
> I am not sure what to make of the icons disappearing based on your
> description; we did fix an issue similar to this a couple of weeks ago. What
> I will need is a way to reproduce the problem.
> With respect to the stack trace you provided from rendering; is there a
> chance the map size is zero? This could happen if creating a map and the
> size of the data is unknown I guess?  Is it any particular data you were
> working with in order to produce the problem.
> For now I have changed the code so we will get a slightly better error
> description; and performed a couple of checks to prevent it trying to draw
> when the validArea or bounds are null or empty.
> Jody
>
> Hi Jody,
> I am testing the udig snapshot in Linux64 bits and have some problems with
> the icons in the toolbar, sometimes they will disappear.
> In my case I have a Map in which all the icons are well displayed and in the
> second Map they disappear, but come back right if I go to the first Map and
> come back to the second.
> I found this error in my console, maybe it helps:
>
> net.refractions.udig.project.render.RenderException: Exception(s) occured
> during rendering: areaOfInterest should not be null
>         at
> net.refractions.udig.render.internal.feature.basic.BasicFeatureRenderer.render(BasicFeatureRenderer.java:360)
>         at
> net.refractions.udig.render.internal.feature.basic.BasicFeatureRenderer.render(BasicFeatureRenderer.java:222)
>         at
> net.refractions.udig.project.internal.render.impl.RenderJob.startRendering(RenderJob.java:108)
>         at
> net.refractions.udig.project.internal.render.impl.RenderJob.run(RenderJob.java:213)
>         at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
>

> Silvia

Back to the top