Re: [udig-devel] Problem rendering GML files in uDig

Your GML file will need a schema; I think with the same filename (ie filename.xml and filename.xsd). The schema tells us how to parse the file (what tags extend gml feature and all that kind of stuff).

GML files are not really well supported; we have never found them in use very much and thus lack feedback and testing. There is a new gml parser in geotools we could use for uDig 1.2; but I imagine it will have the similar need for your gml file to be correct and have a shema (I think it is smarter and can look the your xml file for a URL location of the schema or something)

It is interesting to me that the file showed up in the catalog; if it can do that the BasicFeatureRenderer should of been able to draw it (using the DataStore api). Could you make a bug report with a small smaple of the file (one or two features?); other than that it would be time to look in your log and see if we can see some strack trace to give us a clue.

Cheers,
Jody