Re: [udig-devel] walkthrough 1 - refractions postgis instance is unavailable

Hello Jody,

The roads layers works for me.  Were you getting any specific errors?

I did notice that the features streamed in "slowly". Maybe try zooming to a particular city to see if loading fewer features is faster for you?

Emily

Jody Garnett wrote:
Jody Garnett wrote:
Good morning Emily:

I am going to have to assume that the user that reported this problem is stuck behind a firewall. I am also behind a firewall so I got a chance to look at the error message produced: "Connection paramters are invalid". I am going to look at replacing this error message with something along the lines of "Could not connect - please check your connection parameters and firewall".

I am going to try without the firewall in a moment and verify that the database is available.
I have verified that the database is working ... however I have run into a problem with the roads layer. It does not seem to be functioning; could just be delay I guess but this is the first time I have had trouble.

Jody