Re: [udig-devel] uDig running on 3.4

andrea antonello wrote:
Alright, finally followed the doc to get on the trunk train.
I am impressed by the quality of the documentation to that, so once
again, kudos to those that wrote them.

I have been almost with the 5 guys that made it in a "perfect world".
the only strange thing that was left, were those non existing package
declarations in the libs manifest, which simply can be removed.
Did you catch the trick about using "organize manifest" to clean up any extra/missing packages? Lately it has been the case that so many developers on trunk are building geotools locally it is hard to remember who has deployed geotools last. If you have been building GeoTools lately yourself I urge you to update and build (as you may acceidently have fallen behind the latest).

We are averaging about one deploy of geotools a week as we find and fix a problem.
Now Udig runs, but as usual my concerns are about exporting of the product.
It seems to complain about missing org.eclipse.core.commands.nl1,
which anyway is in the dropins folder.
Interesting; yeah we made our "Extas" include the "nl pack" you produced for us. It looks like the correct thing to do on Eclipse 3.4 is to use the babel update site to download a langage pack; but in the interest of keeping things sane I would like to stick with our "nl pack" for as long as possible.
Have to run now, but I will get back on that later. If someone has ideas in the meanwhile.
Congrats! Glad you made it to trunk.
Jody

Back to the top