Re: [udig-devel] Programmatically working with postgis

Jesse Eichar schrieb:
Hi Jürgen,

Do you want to create a new table in postgis or use an existing table as a layer in uDig?

The second one: I have a running PostGis and want to create a layer out of it. And this shall happen programmatically in my application without forcing the user to use the import wizard of the catalog.

For the former you should look at Geotools Datastore api and code examples for help. For the latter you take a look at the code example at:

http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/branches/1.1.x/udig/tutorials/net.refractions.udig.tutorials.examples/src/net/refractions/udig/tutorials/examples/CreateAndAddGeoResourceToMap.java

But this is just based on a simple URL. Will be the host. But what about username, password, database and schema?

Thank you,
Jürgen

Back to the top