[udig-devel] uDig 1.1 RC13 Released

I'm happy to announce that we have now officially released uDig 1.1 RC13.

This is a major update with both features and serious bug fixes. Here's a overview of the changes:

- The menu bar has been revamped
- Export Maps to Image, PDF or World+Image
- Export Selected Features to shapefile
- Added an option for Creating "View" layers from the Selected Features. This allows a set of features to be selected and a new layer created from the features without copying the data. Note, the new layer is not currently editable. - The CRS of the map is now chosen based on the first layer added to the map. - The Min and Max Scales are now correctly accounted for and layers that are out of scale greyed out to indicate that the layers are not currently visible. - The text area in the Table view now accepts filters written in CQL. See - There is a new Reshape operation that can create and remove the attributes of a shapefile. - Fixed a number of bugs with using selections from the table view. For example one can now select features in the table view and copy them to a new layer. - Fixed issues with setting and calculating the current scale. There is still an inaccuracy when in coordinate systems based on angular units but linear units are perfectly accurate now.

Thanks a ton for every one for helping us test this release.
Here's a few of the names I can think of right off the top of my head (I'm sure I've missed many more)

Adrian,  Silvia, Matthias, Andrea, David W, Eric, etc...

The uDig Team

Back to the top