Re: [udig-devel] udig educational :) degree dissertations

Morning :-)

The "Hack" space is for ideas, evil plots (or is that plots of evil?) and other tales of daring "please someone" do.
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/Summer+of+Code
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/Summer+of+Code+2006
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/Summer+of+Code+2007

Remember if students can have their prof send us a letter we can give them access to our commercial training materials.
Jody

Andrea Antonello wrote:
Hi all,
since from time to time there are students that would like to do there
thesis on developing a great GIS like udig, I was wondering if someone
already was able to define possible projects for about 6 months.
I've been thinking about it and I'm not very sure about how much time
should be given to the "learning rcp and udig" before letting the
student do something new.

Also do you think it could be a good idea to resurrect and rename the
code sprint ideas page that contains ideas for small things that
theoretically could be done in a shorter period of time? Could they
serve for that purpose?

Any student on this list which is already doing it?
I would love to collect some infos in order to behave correctly and get
only good things out of it :)

Thanks for any help you could give,
Ciao
Andrea