[udig-devel] Re: uDig 1.1 RC13 available for testing

Hi uDiggers,

I am sad to report that uDig 1.1 RC13 doesn't even run on WinXP SP2, at least not on my German PC.

After a fresh installation (on drive D, just for testing) I start uDig.
The splash screen comes up, is hidden after a few seconds and that's it.

Note that I have removed any temporary "udig" folders in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen" (English: C:\Documents and Settings) before the installation.

Version 1.1 RC12 still works.

The log is attached.

May I suggest that those uDig developers that build new releases ALWAYS have a Windows PC at hand - Windows is still the most common OS and such a major bug should imho be discovered BEFORE any release (even a testing release) is put on the web.

Besides this, I wish you a happy and successful new year.
--
Matthias Basler
matthiasbasler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx