Re: [udig-devel] Various Rendering Issues

Leigh Fitzgibbon wrote:

I don’t have a concrete case here for investigation but I often observe the following annoyances: a) UDig map does not render – the map view comes up blank. Hitting redraw causes the map to draw correctly.

b) UDig "rendering map" job active even when no rendering is obviously going on (CPU usage is zero).

c) Closing a map view while it is rendering sometimes causes an error dialog to pop-up reporting “NullpointerException” but nothing else.

These things don’t go down to well at client demonstrations.  L

Fair enought.

We are using UDig 1.1 RC13 with PostgreSQL. Are these problems normal or is there something in our environment that is causing trouble?
Nope these would all be bugs; of one flavor or another. can you give us some clues as to what was happening when you experienced these glitches.

I have not heard of your company before; looks like you guys do some interesting work. If you need anything specific please give us a call, and for bugs such as the above let's work though them on the email list here and see if we can isolate them.

A couple of questions; are you *just* using PostgreSQL; or were you working with shapefiles and WMS layers at the same time. Were you editing at the time (my usual source of redraw difficulties). Out of all the ones you listed above I am really interested in getting a stack trace for (c) above.

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top