[udig-devel] Various Rendering Issues

I don’t have a concrete case here for investigation but I often observe the following annoyances:

a)  UDig map does not render – the map view comes up blank.  Hitting redraw causes the map to draw correctly.

b)  UDig "rendering map" job active even when no rendering is obviously going on (CPU usage is zero).

c)  Closing a map view while it is rendering sometimes causes an error dialog to pop-up reporting “NullpointerException” but nothing else.

These things don’t go down to well at client demonstrations.  L

We are using UDig 1.1 RC13 with PostgreSQL.  Are these problems normal or is there something in our environment that is causing trouble?

Regards,

--

Leigh Fitzgibbon
Eurobios Australia