[udig-devel] Re: launch = build * 37

Jody Garnett <jgarnett@...> writes:

> Jesse noticed a problem running udig from eclipse that needs further
> discussion / research ...
>
> Basically *launching* the uDig product ends up with a build being
> started; and then started and then started ... the process does not
> really stop (sometimes taking 10 mins before the application launches).
> Turning on the "sleeping and system" check mark in the progress view
> shows that a system thread is noticing modified resources; and kicking
> the build again and again.
>
> We need to try an example RCP application and see if it suffers from the
> same troubles? Searching around the web offers no leads, is anyone else
> on the list having this trouble (say when using the uDig SDK?).
>
> Jody

Hi,

we are experiencing the same issue for a while now and haven't figured out the
cause yet. Our development setup includes udig-1.1-rc10-sdk together with
eclipse-3.3 under linux (all x86_64). It doesn't seem to be reproduceable,
however it happens more often when changes are made to udig-code and/or
udig-libraries. When it occurs, the launch-delay is between 1-3 minutes, but its
a very fast development machine.

I will monitor the eclipse-bugzilla-thread posted earlier, hoping a solution
will be found.

Sven

Back to the top