Re: [udig-devel] uDig installation and startup

Hi Jody

Thanks for the mail, yes I am running the prog as administrator (I have admin rights on the laptop).

I used the executable and the programme runs perfectly. Have placed a shortcut on my desktop that should solve my problem.

It would be useful for refraction to have a look at the start menu activation of the software, am not sure if a anyone else has had the same problem.

Many thanks for your help
Wesley

>>> Jody Garnett <jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 19/09/2007 09:59 >>>
Thanks for contacting us, I am going to guess that you downloaded
- http://udig.refractions.net/downloads/udig-1.1-RC11.exe

Can I ask if you are running as administrator? Can you navigate into the
udig directory and directly double click on the executable please?

I am a little out of touch and am not aware of custom config.ini
(serching email history I can find that a custom config.ini was required
back in Eclipse 3.0 timeframe; the need for this has long since
disappeared).

uDig is a desktop application so speed is not going to be an issue, the
provided walkthrough does make use of some web services but you can
focus on local shapefiles, and install geoserver 1.5.3 as described in
walkthrough 2 for nearly the same experience without the same internet bill.

Jody