[udig-devel] Transformation/Reprojection

We were discussing options for reprojection/transformation code on the
OpenJUMP development list the other day. I know that UDig offers on
the fly reprojection, which is why I'm currently trying to download it
and get it running.

I was curious, is the ,low-level reprojection code something UDig gets
from the GeoTools library, or is it code unique to UDig? Does the
low-level reprojection code work with GeoTools features, or does it
transform individual coordinates? Is it possible to access the API for
transformation of individual coordinates?

It seems to me that it would make sense to share reporojection code
between OpenJUMP and UDig, especially if we can transform individual
coordinate and don't need to deal with the feature model problem.

I thought I would ask about this since we were talking about our
options for reprojectino code at the JPP.

I hope you guys don't mind my asking questions that will lead to our
"stealing" of UDig's code. (Isn't that the best form of a complement?)

Thanks,

The Sunburned Surveyor

Back to the top