Re: [udig-devel] Data Format, Text Delimited - another quick question

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 13:09 -0600, John Oeffinger wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> I followed this procedure by opening the usa_counties.dbf file used
> for the Walkthrough. Added a column named MBR,N,8,0. Entered a member
> count (number) for each county. Some counties had "0" members, most
> had at least "1" member. Saved the .dbf file.
>
> Opened uDIG, added a new map, added a new layer using the
> usa_counties shape file. Selected the Style Editor for the layer.
> Selected MBR as the attribute. Set Classes to 5. Initially used
> Quantile but this changed to Custom when I changed the values. Left
> Normalize and Hide alone. Changed the values to: 0..1, 1..25,
> 25..100, 100..250, 250..19000.
>
> When the map is updated, there are several counties who show a color
> for 250+ which only have 1 or 0 members so the color representation
> is inaccurate. When I click on Information and click on the county,
> both the property "MBR" and Value "0" are accurately reflected.
>
> Any thoughts as to what I might be doing wrong?

My guess is that you are trying to do something (which I told you you
would want to do) which is not yet supported. This is on the TODO list
for 1.2 so will probably land in the next few months.

I don't understand enough to see how you are working around things and
know if it could work. Sorry and good luck,

--adrian

Back to the top