Re: [udig-devel] Data Format, Text Delimited - another quick question

Adrian,

I followed this procedure by opening the usa_counties.dbf file used for the Walkthrough. Added a column named MBR,N,8,0. Entered a member count (number) for each county. Some counties had "0" members, most had at least "1" member. Saved the .dbf file.

Opened uDIG, added a new map, added a new layer using the usa_counties shape file. Selected the Style Editor for the layer. Selected MBR as the attribute. Set Classes to 5. Initially used Quantile but this changed to Custom when I changed the values. Left Normalize and Hide alone. Changed the values to: 0..1, 1..25, 25..100, 100..250, 250..19000.

When the map is updated, there are several counties who show a color for 250+ which only have 1 or 0 members so the color representation is inaccurate. When I click on Information and click on the county, both the property "MBR" and Value "0" are accurately reflected.

Any thoughts as to what I might be doing wrong?

I am using a Mac Intel Powerbook. Thanks for your help...John