Re: [udig-devel] How to specify which geometry column to use

Cory Horner wrote:
Jody Garnett wrote:

If you wanted something quick make a StyleConfigurator page that and let users place a use a check box next to the Geometry being styled.

A nice long term solution would be that when adding the data to the screen from a tree; the data entry has children; one child for each "non default" geometry.
What would be really slick is if we could switch to a different geometry when the reprojection gets changed (unfortunately i can't think of a practical way to do this, as the database can't really tell us that the columns represent the same thing).
An SLD rule could do it!
Do many people take this approach of multiple geometry columns to gain performance?
Think this is the first I have heard of it.
Also, how could we override the default geometry for the lifetime of a layer? That would be a little more sane than forcing users to restyle all the time...
Our "layer" definition is incomplete (and we always have known it). The default geometry (ie the one the layer is showing) is really a property of the layer and not of the FeatureType.

Jody

Back to the top