Re: [udig-devel] How to specify which geometry column to use

Right now there is not a "clean" way to do it - you can go into the style editor and look at the xml; and then specify what geometry
is being styled....

This can be added to any Symbolizer:
<Geometry>
<ogc:PropertyName>centerline</ogc:PropertyName>
</Geometry>
(When left out the renderer assumes something)

And yes XML is not fun at all; can you think of a nice visual way to do this sort of thing?

If you wanted something quick make a StyleConfigurator page that and let users place a use a check box next to the Geometry being styled.

A nice long term solution would be that when adding the data to the screen from a tree; the data entry has children; one child for each "non default" geometry.

Jody
I'm fairly new to Udig so I apologize if this has been answered. Is
there a way to specify which geometry column in a table Udig uses for
mapping.
I was able to do this with QGIS, but couldn't figure out how to do it
with Udig.  My problem is that most of my tables have several geometry
fields in different projections for speed and simplicity of querying and
because some users prefer using one projection over another.

Thanks,
Regina

confidential, legally
privileged and/or exempt from disclosure pursuant to Massachusetts
law. It is intended
contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.