Re: [udig-devel] new to uDig

Jesse Eichar wrote:
c) Is there a way of displaying layers (rivers) but the lables only
from a specific zoom level?
More XML manipulation But it seems that there is a bug with regards to scale. I will have to investigate.

d) How can I place a label on a line feature such as on streets?

This should happen as long as the feature type declares the feature's geometry as Line. If it declares the Geometry as Geometry you may have to modify the XML again :(
For lots of fun details; including how to set up a precidence between what is labeled (so cities with larger populations are keep their label), or how to flow text labels along roads etc ... the geoserver project has a couple great pages:
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDOC/SLD+Intro+Tutorial
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDOC/ComplexLabelingExample

Cheers,
Jody