Re: [udig-devel] Refresh layer behaviour

Ahh...  You are using WMS.  I'd say that this is probably a bug. WMS layers are somewhat special in that multiple WMS layers can be combined into 1 request.  The correct behaviour is to make a new request if any of the WMS layers are refreshed.  I'm looking into this.  It should be trivial to fix...

Jesse

Johan C. de Koning wrote:

Hello,

I use ApplicationGIS.getActiveMap().getRenderManager().refresh(layer, bound) to refresh a specific layer. When I use this code there are some strange behaviors which I don’t understand

I have two layer, layer 1 (top) and layer2 (bottom),  which are both WMS and from the same server. When I refresh layer 2 from the code (bottom layer) no new request is triggered. If I refresh layer 1 (top), a request is sent with both layer names as WMS layers parameter. This is strange because only the top most layer needs a refresh. Is this a bug?  When I use two layers from different hosts it looks like it is working normal.

Can somebody give me more information about how the refresh is working? When for example the bottom layer is refreshed, is there also a refresh needed for the layers above or are the images combined a drawing time and kept separated in memory? And what about the refresh problem I described here above?

Best regards,

Johan de Koning