Re: [udig-devel] A SWT window for an operation plugin

In order to create a custom dialog you need to extend the new jface.Dialog class. You can override the createDialogArea() method. The Display object passed into the op() method is there for convenience so yes, you would use that.
Don't create a new shell though that is way too much work :).

Jesse

Adrian Custer wrote:
Hey all,

I'm working on an operation plugin like the layer info plugin. I'd like
to build a more complex UI than a simple MessageDialog but I'm not
really sure how to do it.
The messageDialog is called via display.asyncExec() If I want to create
a new shell that I can pack with my own widgets, would I use the same
display as is passed to the op() method? Do I create a new shell and put
the widgets in that shell? Do I create the shell in the run() method of
a new Runable as was done with the messageDialog?

Thanks for any pointers,
adrian