Re: [udig-devel] showing selected feature

If you set a fid filter on the layer then the feature will be rendered as selected.

Jody Garnett wrote:
Andrea Aime wrote:

Jody Garnett ha scritto:

Ivan Zerlotti wrote:

Can someone give me some direction on how I can show a individual feature with a color different from the others in the layer? Thank you very much

Three ways,

- Draw it again in a different color ;-) That is what we do for selections in uDig, not sure this is a valid long term approach. - Or set up an SLD rule that is based on the Feature Attirbute, and provide a PolygonSymbolizer (or Point or Line) that uses a different color. This is standards happy and will show up when you use the SLD in GeoServer.

Jody, given that in each map there's a SelectionLayer instance for each
Layer, what would happen if we really selected something on that layer?

Probably nothing, can you even get to the selection layer? It should not be part of the data model. Indeed there should not be a selection layer from my perspective. I was hoping the rendering system would just produce two renderers against the same layer (different query) and at different points in the zorder points.

Jody