[udig-devel] uDig and Mac OS X

Just FYI for any other OS X users out there, added this as a comment on the uDig install guide:

<x-tad-smaller>For Mac OS X, you will just want to start up uDig, after installing it, by running Eclipse.app in the RCP directory.

Running from Terminal with the uDig.sh will start up uDig but I can't find a way to switch focus to the application. Also, might need to figure out how to reference JAI and ImageIO in OS X (maybe it's done automatically?), I know I have the packages installed, and I know they work because I use them in my own Java apps…

Here is what I'm using in uDig.sh for Mac OS 10.3.5:
#!/bin/bash
JRE=$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext

JAI_CP=$JRE/clibwrapper_jiio.jar:$JRE/jai_codec.jar:$JRE/jai_core.jar:$JRE/jai_imageio.jar:$JRE/mlibwrapper_jai.jar

java -Xbootclasspath/a:$JAI_CP -Dosgi.splashLocation=splash/splash.bmp -classpath startup.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -application net.refractions.udig.ui.uDig -os macosx -ws carbon -arch ppc -nl en_US
</x-tad-smaller>

Matt Revelle
Associate Software Engineer
Integrity Applications Incorporated