[udig-devel] Re: uDig WMC support

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I agreee that WMC can't store non-WMS stuff for now (stay tuned, it's on the way).

Any idea when? ie will it appear over the course of our production timeline?

I will be interested to see how flexable the format is, our major chalange with respect to this has been allowing Renderers to externalize there Style information. SLD renderers are "easy" since SLD beans and a parser exist for geotools. But not all renderers are going to be squeezed into the SLD box.

Are there any requirements for saving loading views?  And the format of such a 'project'?  If yes, I'm guessing you're using XML to save state, in which case adding a WMC exporter won't be much trouble.
Yes we need to save views. We actually load and save "udig projects" which contain multiple Maps and/or Pages. A Map is a View in arcview speak, or a Task in Jump speak, A Page is something you can print (layout in arcview speak?).

If this is the case, I'll gladly write the Java WMC exporter based on the framework you deploy.
Thanks - that would be great!

My Design ideas so far: either walk the in memory object model or do XLSLT processing the generated XML.for a Map.

My major focus for the next 0.3 release is the production of a draft developers guide - that is enough documentation to make these kind of extentions easy to write.

Jody

Back to the top