Re: [tycho-dev] Long path names in Tycho integration test execution

On 12-08-24 8:45 AM, Oberlies, Tobias wrote:
Igor Fedorenko wrote:
Adding parameter to getVerifier is unlikely to solve the problem. I
will ask for per-test-method project basedir as a matter of course
for the tests I write, this will break on windows in some/many
cases, and we'll have to negotiate each test. Not fun.
The default would be to use a basedir that is only based on the
project name. And in the cases where this isn't enough, e.g. because
the same project is used by multiple tests, you could add an extra
name segment (e.g. a number). Then the paths would still be short
enough for Windows.

How many tests fail due to long path names?

I also remember that at least some windows flavours supported 32K
long names. Is there no way to use this from Java? I mean, it's
2012 if my linux calendar is to trust, restricting names to <300 is
kinda odd :-)
I looked a little further into this and it is... *drum roll*...
java.exe that causes the problem. In case the support for
meta-requirements/custom touchpoints is activated, the DirectorMojo
forks a java process. That process fails with "Unable to access
jarfile" because the JAR file path is too long. I can convince the
java.exe to take the long path by calling "java.exe -jar \\?\<long
path name>" (which is the syntax for long path names in the Windows
API), but having to specify this myself seems like a hack. >

We can make this part of plexus-util Commandline. wdyt?

--
Regards,
Igor

Regards