Re: [tycho-dev] Long path names in Tycho integration test execution

The tests that I "touched" in that commit actually made (or still make?)
specific assumptions about structure of target/ folder. Ideally all
tests should calculate all paths as subdirectories of project basedir.

I really like ability to see all (or almost all) test logs. Helps
troubleshooting test failures, if you know what I mean ;-)

Adding parameter to getVerifier is unlikely to solve the problem. I will
ask for per-test-method project basedir as a matter of course for the
tests I write, this will break on windows in some/many cases, and we'll
have to negotiate each test. Not fun.

How about getVerifier will behave differently on windows and other
operating systems? You get shorter names on windows and I get all test
logs on Linux and OSX. This should work as long as all tests only look
under project basedir, which they should regardless.

I also remember that at least some windows flavours supported 32K long
names. Is there no way to use this from Java? I mean, it's 2012 if my
linux calendar is to trust, restricting names to <300 is kinda odd :-)

--
Regards,
Igor