Re: [tycho-dev] p2 data flow

Update: I've got the POC working, so you can have a look at the code here: https://github.com/oberlies/tycho/tree/bug353889_defer_resolution

It should be easy to implement a BuildOrderParticipant based on p2 publisher actions - but for now, I chose to read the metadata directly and generate the Imports and Exports to be matched directly. This wasn't hard either, because Tycho already has classes for parsing Eclipse metadata.

> > Assuming that the contributing mojo squeezes in at the right place,
> > this should be easy to do. In eclipse-repository, this is in
> > principle possible today: the PublishCategoriesMojo and
> > PublishProductMojo are called sequentially, and they both contribute
> > p2 metadata.
> >

> I do not believe this is a reasonably assumption. Most likely there will
> be no fine control over plugin execution order in maven in near-to-mid
> future.

Without fine-grained build order control, the refactoring doesn't make much sense. So if no one else implements this, I may need to contribute it to Maven (or Tesla? - BTW, any news on this?).

Regards
Tobias

Back to the top