--
Regards,
Igor

On 11-09-20 9:36 AM, Oberlies, Tobias wrote:
Sorry for the NPE, I guess this was my doing again...

Still, the staged version works as expected. I do not expect more feedback from tycho-user about 0.13.0 and have verified both tycho [1] and tycho-extras [2], so please go ahead and release both staging repositories.

Thanks&  best regards
Tobias

[1] https://repository.sonatype.org/content/repositories/tycho-002/
[2] https://repository.sonatype.org/content/repositories/tycho-005/

-----Original Message-----
From: tycho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Igor Fedorenko
Sent: Dienstag, 20. September 2011 04:28
To: tycho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 0.13.0 Release

On 11-09-19 7:01 AM, Oberlies, Tobias wrote:
Hi Igor,

Any updates on the staging of tycho-extras 0.13.0? We need the
release of both tycho and tycho-extras before we can benefit from the
work we have done for 0.13.0, so it would be good to have this
release soon.

Staged at

https://repository.sonatype.org/content/repositories/tycho-005/

I had to disable tests because I was getting NPE below. Don't know if we
should be concerned or not.

-----
Test set:
org.eclipse.tycho.test.TYCHO406testArgLineConfiguration.TestArgLineConfigu
rationTest
-----
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.043
sec<<<  FAILURE!
testLocalMavenRepository(org.eclipse.tycho.test.TYCHO406testArgLineConfigu
ration.TestArgLineConfigurationTest)
   Time elapsed: 0.006 sec<<<  ERROR!
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.eclipse.tycho.test.util.EnvironmentUtil.getTestSettings(EnvironmentUti
l.java:84)
	at
org.eclipse.tycho.test.AbstractTychoIntegrationTest.getSettings(AbstractTy
choIntegrationTest.java:114)
	at
org.eclipse.tycho.test.AbstractTychoIntegrationTest.getVerifier(AbstractTy
choIntegrationTest.java:51)
	at
org.eclipse.tycho.test.TYCHO406testArgLineConfiguration.TestArgLineConfigu
rationTest.testLocalMavenRepository(TestArgLineConfigurationTest.java:28)
	at
39)
	at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorIm
pl.java:25)
	at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMetho
d.java:44)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable
.java:15)
	at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.
java:41)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.j
ava:20)
	at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runNotIgnored(BlockJUnit4ClassRun
ner.java:79)
	at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.j
ava:71)
	at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.j
ava:49)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:193)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:42)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:
53)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provi
der.java:119)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java
:101)
	at
39)
	at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorIm
pl.java:25)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ClassLoaderProxy.invoke(P
roviderFactory.java:103)
	at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.invokeProvider(SurefireSt
arter.java:150)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.runSuitesInProcess(Surefi
reStarter.java:91)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:69)

Is there anything we can do to make the process of releasing Tycho
easier and faster? How do other projects without committer from
Sonatype get their content into Maven central? Would this be an
option for Tycho? Would it help if we fixed the release dates of
Tycho in advance, allowing you to better plan the efforts needed for
a release?

Just get the code to eclipse.org already. Once this is done, releasing
new version will be as easy as writing release docuware and getting few
approvals
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Release_Reviews ;-)

--
Regards,