[tracecompass-dev] Trace Compass 3.1/Oxygen.1 release preparation

Hi all,

Oxygen.2 release is approaching fast (December 20, 2017) and I would like to share the plan for Trace Compass for the Oxygen.2 release. Trace Compass project will release version 3.2 for Oxygen.2.

Feature Freeze:
The feature freeze for Oxygen.2 will be together with the RC1 build of Trace Compass. I'll collect the RC1 build the morning of Wednesday November 15, 2017 from branch master. This means that any feature that you want to be part of the 3.2 release should be reviewed and merged to master before November 15, 2017. I'll create the release branch stable-3.2 from master right after the same day. Only bug fixes, documentation updates or JUnit tests should be added on this branch afterwards.

Release Testing:
Right after RC1 we'll execute a set of manual test cases to ensure that the features are working properly. Please let me know, if you'd like to support us in the release testing.

Release Notes:
I've created the New & Noteworthy pages [1]. At all Trace Compass committers, please add all items that you were adding. Also, feel free to add missing items.

Release Review;
I'll take care of the preparation of the release review.

For more information about the Oxygen simultaneous release, see reference [2].

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Best Regards
JC

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Trace_Compass/News/NewIn32
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Oxygen/Simultaneous_Release_Plan