[tracecompass-dev] Trace Compass 3.1/Oxygen.1 release preparation

Hi all,

Oxygen.1 release is approaching fast (September 27, 2017) and I would like to share the plan for Trace Compass for the Oxygen.1 release. Trace Compass project will release version 3.1 for Oxygen.1.

Feature Freeze:
The feature freeze for Oxygen.1 will be together with the RC1 build of Trace Compass. I'll collect the RC1 build the morning of Wednesday August 23/2017 from branch master. This means that any feature that you want to be part of the 3.1 release should be reviewed and merged to master before August 23/2017. I'll create the release branch stable-3.1 from master right after the same day. Only bug fixes, documentation updates or JUnit tests should be added on this branch afterwards.

Release Testing:
Right after RC1 we'll execute a set of manual test cases to ensure that the features are working properly. Please let me know, if you'd like to support us in the release testing.

Release Notes:
I've created the New & Noteworthy pages [1]. At all Trace Compass committers, please add all items that you were adding. Also, feel free to add missing items.

Release Review;
I'll take care of the preparation of the release review.

For more information about the Oxygen simultaneous release, see reference [2].

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Best Regards
JC

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Trace_Compass/News/NewIn31
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Oxygen/Simultaneous_Release_Plan