Re: [tracecompass-dev] Polytechnique Plan for Neon

On 03/24/2016 10:51 AM, Matthew Khouzam wrote:

> On 16-03-24 09:56 AM, Geneviève Bastien wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> With Neon coming soon, here's the list of things we, at Poly, will be
>> working on until then and hope to have in time. Just let us know if you
>> [plan to] do work on it first:
>>
>> * New features *
>> - Input/Output Analysis: Analyses disk requests and file read/write per
>> process. A first part should be available for Neon, along with 1 or 2
>> views (Disk Usage, and Disk Requests). This feature will be presented in
>> details in another mail.
> This may have some overlap with what I am working on.
> Right now I am aiming to improve the memory performance of segment
> stores. The path chosen at this moment is to put everything in the state
> system. The technologies involved are:
>
> * Pooled attributes
> * Custom interval types
> * Adding "getNbIntervals" to the state system? (allowing streaming
> * A state system wrapped segment store
>
> Please tell me if these are no-gos.
On the contrary they are super go-gos! For Neon and the IO analysis, I
was planning to push only what (I think) would involve the less
discussion, so no segment store for now. But if the features you mention
are in, then the post-Neon additions will be much easier!

Back to the top