[tracecompass-dev] Polytechnique Plan for Neon

Hello all,

With Neon coming soon, here's the list of things we, at Poly, will be
working on until then and hope to have in time. Just let us know if you
[plan to] do work on it first:

* New features *
- Input/Output Analysis: Analyses disk requests and file read/write per
process. A first part should be available for Neon, along with 1 or 2
views (Disk Usage, and Disk Requests). This feature will be presented in
details in another mail.
- XY graph improvements? If there's time, make those views more dynamic,
select series, be able to enable/disable series from the legend, move
the legend to a TreeViewer? I'll write a proposal on the ML.

* API cleanup *
- Analysis requirements: Some patches are under review. Once they are
in, the full API of requirements can be revisited
- XML: Most classes, if not all, should be internal. Also, see if the
new pattern syntax can totally replace the current stateProvider, in
which case, we won't have to support 2 syntaxes (or move the old one to
legacy).

* bug fixes *
- Critical path: save the execution graph to disk; fix behavior when a
time range is selected (at least make it coherent to the user); fix the
time scale of the view that should be the same as the trace's; fix the
fact that it blocks the main thread
- XML: There's a lot of error logging when running an analysis. See why
and fix
- Dependent analysis: bug 488757

* Documentation *
- IO analysis