Re: [tracecompass-dev] CQ submission deadline

On 2016-03-03 02:50 PM, Bernd Hufmann wrote:
Hi

Just a reminder that CQ submission deadline for Trace Compass 2.0/Neon has
already passed (February 12th).

Any contribution that requires a CQ can only be integrated after Neon (and
after CQ has been approved).

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the reminder!

That is a bit regrettable though... As we discussed earlier this week, LTTng will break its MI interface in 2.8, and will require a new XSD file to be tracked on the Trace Compass side. This new XSD should be available with LTTng 2.8 RC1, which is still a few weeks away. It would mean that the Control feature in Trace Compass 2.0 would not support LTTng 2.8+ at all, unless we completely remove the XML output verification step.

I find it strange that external contributions are forbidden for close to 50% of the development window (~5 months out of 12).

Thanks,
Alex

Bernd

Back to the top