Re: [tracecompass-dev] Moving plugins to component sub-directories

Hi Marc-André, thanks for taking a look at this!

Indeed, it requires a manual update of the workspace, so we should warn people in advance. But the instructions should not be very complicated, and could be summarized as:
- Delete everything in the workspace.
- Re-do the Development Environment Setup again.

couldn't they?

[...]

The instructions should be very clear and visible so that even people less familiar with Eclipse development should able to follow them and discover them. The instructions could be:
- Posted on the mailing list as separate topic, more like an announcement rather than this more technical/political discussion

Definitely.

- Added to the wiki setup page. I.e. what to do if the workspace looks like everything is gone, could be in a FAQ format

I'm not sure if it's really worth mentioning this change on the wiki. The announcement can link back to the Dev-Setup page, wouldn't that be sufficient? At worst, people will think Eclipse broke, and will re-set up from scratch, which will also work.

- Sent to individuals that we know will be affected, in case they don't read the mailing list or wiki

If you know such individuals, sure, please do so.

Thanks,
Alex

Let me know what you think,
Marc-Andre