Re: [tracecompass-dev] Moving plugins to component sub-directories

Alright, since renaming the feature plugins to "*.feature" is less popular than I expected, we can drop this part.

Marc-André suggested on the Gerrit review to name the intermediate Maven artifacts "-parent", so "org.eclipse.tracecompass.btf-parent" and so on. This seems like a good approach, independently of how the feature artifacts are called.

I will prepare the patches for btf/, pcap/, and start experimenting with ctf/ to see how to handle the paths to the test traces and whatnot. But none of this is to go in 1.0, and will wait until stable-1.0 is branched off.

Sounds good?

Cheers,
Alex

On 2015-05-04 07:02 PM, Alexandre Montplaisir wrote:
Hi all,

I'm currently looking at moving all plugin directories in the source tree to separate "component" directories. Like was done for doc/ already, so that eventually top-level would only contain:

btf/
ctf/
doc/
lttng/
tmf/

Some are not immediately clear where they should go (examples, releng-site,...) but we'll see once we get there. ;)

I started with the BTF component, since it's quite simple and standalone:
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/47104/
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/47105/

As explained in the first patch, I've renamed the feature plugins to "*.feature". We've talked about adding the ".feature" to feature plugin names previously, this is a good occasion to do so, since it will free the o.e.t.{btf|ctf|...} names for the directories themselves. I've added the previous names to the p2.inf files, so that upgrades should follow the rename.

Is there anything else that could have slipped my mind?

I'm quite certain that this won't be all done in time for the feature freeze, as more complex plugins with test traces and such will take more time. Are we fine with just btf/ and pcap/ in 1.0, and the rest later once stable-1.0 is branched?

Cheers,
Alexandre