Re: [tracecompass-dev] ControlFlowView - TimeGraphFilterDialog - Uncheck inactive

Hi Patrick.
Thank you for elaborating your concerns. Option one was what I had in mind. The toggle button shouldn't be too hard to do either ... however, how do you feel about a second button 'check active'?
Does it get too crowded?
Regards chris

Patrick Tasse <patrick.tasse@xxxxxxxxx>schrieb:
If I interpret correctly my old comments, I think it was that since this concept of active/inactive means something different for each view, and perhaps does not apply at all for some time graph views, I wanted it to be optional in the dialog.

That being said, what would a user prefer:

1-Open the dialog and apply a filter, the inactive entries at that current time range are hidden, and then browsing through the trace only shows the entries that were active when the filter was applied

or

2-Push a toggle button, and then the view automatically filters in/out dynamically the active/inactive entries in the current range as the user browses through the trace

Maybe the two options are not mutually exclusive...

We also have to worry about arrows to/from hidden entries, but I think the issue already exists with the current filter dialog.

Patrick