[tools-pmc] Re: [mylyn-integrators] help with displaying task in editor

Mik,

I am quite surprised to see such response from the project lead to a user's help request. You apre practically said that "maybe we will respond to you some times". This is not a response one would expect to receive, especially not from a person who been nominated as an Eclipse Amasador.

Perhaps I am interpreting the committer's guidelines too strictly. They state that all project committers are *required* to participate to the project's user news group and the mailing lists, but in my observation, the presence of the current project committers on the mailing list was average. Maybe the EMO and Tools PMC could clarify this interpretation to me.

See the current committer guidelines at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process.php#4_7_Committers_and_Contributors

----
Active participation in the user newsgroup and the appropriate developer mailing lists is a responsibility of all Committers, and is critical to the success of the Project. Committers are required to monitor and contribute to the user newsgroup.

Committers are required to monitor the mailing lists associated with the Project. This is a condition of being granted commit rights to the Project. It is mandatory because committers must participate in votes (which in some cases require a certain minimum number of votes) and must respond to the mailing list in a timely fashion in order to facilitate the smooth operation of the Project. When a Committer is granted commit rights they will be added to the appropriate mailing lists. A Committer must not be unsubscribed from a developer mailing list unless their associated commit privileges are also revoked.
----

 regards,
 Eugene

Mik Kersten wrote:

Hi Larry,

We are always happy to hear about new connector efforts and seeing them come to fruition. However, I want to be clear that we cannot guarantee any response time on this list, since Mylyn is a community-driven open source project that relies on integrators contributions to the project both in terms of supporting each other and updating the Ecipsepedia documentation with the knowledge they build up writing connectors.

Peter had a great answer that should help you get started. Steffen will follow up with another pointer. It would great if you could document your experiences in our Integrator Reference: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn/Integrator_Reference

For additional integration services and the definition of our support priorities see: http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/support/

Happy hacking!

Mik

--