Re: [technology-pmc] [microprofile-wg] Release Approval for MicroProfile GraphQL 1.1

Phillip,

Although not involved in the full context but observing the discussion I feel I need to respond to some of your words because they do not correctly represent how we work.

> On Mar 10, 2021, at 18:38, Phillip Kruger <phillip.kruger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We (MicroProfile GraphQL Workgroup) have already concluded that this is a service release. You either trust, or have a representation that you trust, or you take part yourself.

The EDP requires you to work with the leadership chain and get agreement on release, release type and release documents. The leadership chain is expected to help projects and is in charge of ensuring the EDP is properly followed. That's why we do have these checkpoints in place. Trust is earned as part of engagement with the process and will be a foundation for a good working relationship in the long term. However, it's still the EDP that defines the rules of engagement.

From your comments I sense that you dislike process. Please correct me if I sensed this wrong. This is in my opinion a challenging position to begin with because (again in my opinion) specification releases require even more engagement with process and agreement than project releases. I say this because from my experience specifications have stronger documentation and quality requirements than a typical project. This might not apply to this specific case, though.

One last comment: As the PMC lead I foster an environment where questions can be raised and issue can be brought up by the community at any time and for anything. From your statement above I sense that you are refusing to work with the community. I'd like to say that this is not something we will accept as the PMC.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/