Re: [sumo-user] IntermodalRouting & Od2trips

If persons have access to a personal car this is almost always better than using a taxi.
- cars can go just as fast
- a time penalty of 300s is applied to model waiting-for-taxi (configurable with --persontrip.taxi.waiting-time)
- availability of parking at the end of the trip is not considered during intermodal routing

That being said, if persontrips start on an edge that prohibits cars, they are currently prevented from using their own car and might prefer to walk and then use a taxi.

Regarding od2trips, taking into account edge permissions automatically, is an open ticket: https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/8588
However, you can automatically filter TAZ for a given vClass:  https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/District.html#filterdistrictspy

regards,
Jakob