Re: [sumo-user] SUMO_idm_normal_driver - Motorcycle lane splitting

The motorcycle performs a change maneuver with the 'speedGain' motivation in this scenario.
This is triggered when the aggregated "motivation" collected over multiple steps exceeds a threshold value.
You can configure this threshold with vType attribute 'lcSpeedGain'.  Another relevant parameter is the temporal anticipation of future speeds configured with the lcSpeedGainLookahead parameter.  You can read more about the details of the lane change model at https://elib.dlr.de/102254/1/Springer-SUMOs_Lane_changing_model.pdf