[sumo-user] SUMO_idm_normal_driver - Motorcycle lane splitting

Hello,

I had a question about the sumo_idm_normal_driver and how it handles lane splitting with motorcycles.

I have a simulation set up in which I create the conditions for the motorcyclist to realize he needs to split the lane, e.g., cars in front of and slower than him, but I don't explicitly tell him to perform the lane split.

In the end he does perform the lane split, but it's not clear how the driver model decides to accomplish this. A search of the documentation (so far) has not been successful.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Ben

Back to the top