Re: [sumo-user] Building Walking Areas from Polygons

This sounds like a projection issue (i.e. lon,lat interpreted as x,y in m).
Possibly your data hasn't set its projection information.
You could try setting netconvert option --shapefile.guess-projection
Or, your proj installation is faulty (as suggest by the PROJ errors).