Re: [sumo-user] Creating a highway exit/entry scenario

Hello Michael,

thanks a lot for your reply. I did what you suggested, but unfortunately
when the template.edg.xml file is being created by running:

netconvert -s straight.net.xml --plain template

it somehow contains only one edge(lane) even though in straight.net.xml I
have three. Do you know why?

Also in order to add an entry/exit lane, I thought I need to add a new node
like this (the third one is the new one, since I want an exit/entry lane to
start in the middle of the highway):

    <node id="gneJ1" x="0.00" y="0.00" type="dead_end" shape="0.00,0.00
0.00,-3.20"/>
    <node id="gneJ2" x="1100.00" y="0.00" type="dead_end"/>
    <node id="gneJ3" x="550.00" y="0.00"/>

but I don't know how to make it an exit/entry lane and how to connect it to
the outer existing lanes.

Attached I am sending the original straight_net.xml file, and the ones I
generated with the netconvert plain.

Can you please help me add a smooth entry (or) exit lane in the middle of
the 3 lane highway?
They should be exactly the same as the existing ones, nothing fancy.

P.S. I am trying to prepare a video for a conference for which the deadline
is next week. Every help is very much appreciated!!

Thank you!

Best,
Branka

template.xml