Re: [sumo-user] Gap acceptance in lane changing

1) yes
2) these are computed by the car-follow model functions. They generally are consistent with the followSpeed function so that neither the ego vehicle nor its follower on the target lane have to perform any extra braking after the lane change is completed.
3) if a jam develops immediately after lane changing, vehicles must still be able to maintain the configured minGap, thus the value is already considered during lane changing