Re: [sumo-user] DFROUTER Detector type is discarded for most of detectors

answers inline...

 When I  used
DFROUTER to determine the type (source or sink) of the detector, most of my
detectors are classified as TYPE: discarded.
when I see the sourceSink.xml file generated from flowrouter.py, I just see
one source and one sink. what is the reason for this? I have attached the
file!

detector classification is done by checking whether the detector has any predecessor or successor edges. This works for networks that are cut after at the motorway  ramps (on ramps would be sources and off-ramps would be sinks).

What should be the unit of time when defining the flow in the above code? is
it minute or seconds?
flow files use minutes (this is for historical reasons because these files used to come from a highway authority in that format). everything else in SUMO uses seconds

when converting the OSM to the sumo network, is the length of the network
always in meters?
yes

Should the speed be assigned in m/s or other
units?
always m/s

why most of my detectors are under type discarded
and how can this be improved?

You could use routeSampler.py instead of DFROUTER or flowrouter.py. This avoids the need for detector classification and has a number of other advantages. See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Turns.html#routesamplerpy

regards,
Jakob

Back to the top