Re: [sumo-user] Realistic Simulation with traffic data and calibration

Hello,
1) due to some unusual geometry (possibly related to the footpath), the connection is incorrectly classified as a partly-left turn rather than a turn-around and so get created despite the no-turnaround options. You could try importing with option '--keep-edges.by-vclass passenger' to get rid of the footpath.
2) Yes. It's common for the lane numbers in OSM to be incomplete. See 'remark for data consumers' at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:lanes#Description
Obviously, this can be a major source of jamming in the simulation.

regards,
Jakob