[sumo-user] Car Following parameters - "Tau"

Hello,
I am working with the CACC model to determine how it impacts freeway capacity. I studied in detail the algorithm for the CACC (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0968090X14002447?via%3Dihub and https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0968090X1830528X?via%3Dihub). In addition, I looked at the code at (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/blob/master/src/microsim/cfmodels/MSCFModel_CACC.cpp).
However, I was not able to see how the time headway shown in two papers is implemented in the code. I am particularly interested in decreasing this parameter. I did try to work with "tau", however, it is still not clear how "tau" is implemented in the CACC.

Interestingly, when I set "tau = 1" it gives me the maximum flow. Any value greater (1.5, 2) or lower (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5) than 1 decreases the flow rate per hour. Could you let me know how timeHeadway is implemented in the CACC model and also what parameter should I change if I want lower time headways (for example I want to have a time headway of 0.5 sec between vehicles).
I have attached my files for reference.
Thank you in advance.

--
Thank you,