Re: [sumo-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: Definition/Condition "changeStarted"/"changeEnded" event in Lanechange Output

Hi Jakob,

thanks for your explanation so far! Attached you find the zipped sample-scenario (change ending from “.piz” to “.zip” to open it). Based on your answer I try to explain my problem more detailed again:

Primary, my aim is  to analyse how different attributes within the traffic simulation are distributed in case of stochastic traffic. Therefore I built up a more complex simulation which shall approximate a  stochastic traffic, which could occur in reality. In the second attachment you find the lanechange-output of the corresponding simulation. To analyse only the “correct” and “successful” lane changes, for now I thought, that  if the “changestarted”  and “changeEnded”  options are activated, only lane changes from vehicles in the output-file where these three change-states occur for an specific lane change are the successful ones and therefore are the only lane changes I can investigate afterwards further.

Then I saw in the sample scenario, that a seeming “successful”  lane change  can occur in the corresponding lanechange-output with only the “changeStarted” and “change” event. Due to this fact I am unsure under which condition I have to count a lanechange as “successful” in the more complex simulation, because, like mentioned above, sometimes all three states occur, sometimes not.

In addition, maybe it can give you a hint that there is never the reason “sublane” for lane changing in both, the sample and the complex simulation. Maybe this could be caused by the fact that I chose a high value for the lateral resolution, because I want the sublane-Model to be activated for its additional options but I do not want to have real sublanes within the simulation. Can you give an answer how to achieve this in general?  I have in mind the following explanation of the doc:

Lane-changing model for sublane-simulation (used by default when setting option --lateral-resolution <FLOAT>). This model can only be used with the sublane-extension.

Caution:
This model may technically be used without activating sublane-simulation but this usage has not been fully tested and may not work as expected.

Thanks for your effort again.

Best regards

Nico