[sumo-user] Definition/Condition "changeStarted"/"changeEnded" event in Lanechange Output

Dear all,

i am currently writing my Master thesis regarding the safety validation of highly automated driving functions through simulative approaches. Therefore, amongst others, I use SUMO as tool for the traffic simulation. In detail, I actually investigate the lane change behavior. Within the Sumo user doc (https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Output/Lanechange) the definition of the “change” element of the lane change output is explained, but not those of the “changestarted” events and “changeEnded”  events in case of activating this option. Could you please explain what conditions have to be fulfilled to trigger these events? The background is, that in my more complex simulation I saw that all three types of change events occur. But within a simple dummy simulation, where only some lane changes are performed, only the “changestarted” events and “change” events occur, although vehicles perform “complete” lane changes.  If necessary it is no problem to send you the corresponding files of the dummy simulation.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Nico

Back to the top